Bridal Hair by Jennie understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our clients and customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully and ensure that you understand it. Your acceptance of Our Privacy Notice is deemed to occur upon your first use of Our Site. If you do not accept and agree with this Privacy Notice, you must stop using Our Site immediately.
Bridal Hair by Jennie will never sell your data to anyone and strictly complies with EU law.
Bridal Hair by Jennie does not store or transfer any data outside of the EEA.
1. Information About Us
Business name: Bridal Hair by Jennie
Business type: Sole Trader
Registered address: Jennie Galgey, 20 Hogarth Way, Rochford, SS4 3JY
Main Trading Address: Jennie Galgey, 20 Hogarth Way, Rochford, SS4 3JY
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What does this notice cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
4. What are my rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 11.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Personal Data do you collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us outlined below):
- Browser Location;
- IP Address;
- Which website you visited before the session;
- Which website you visited after the session;
- How long your session lasted;
- Which pages you visited during your session.
- When you contact us using Social Media messaging apps ( for e.g; Facebook Messenger ) we collect the following data;
– Social Media URL(s)
– When you visit https://bridalhairbyjennie.co.uk and use a contact form to get in touch or sign up to our Newsletter we collect the further following data;
– Email Address;
– Browser Location;
– IP Address;
– Which website you visited before the session;
– Which website you visited after the session;
– How long your session lasted;
– Which pages you visited during your session.
- When you demonstrate an interest in using our services (for e.g; enquire to arrange a consultation ) or enter into contract for services provided by us (for e.g. Bridal Hair), we request to collect some or all of the following data with your consent;
– Email address;
– Telephone number;
– Mobile number;
– Payment information;
– Date of your wedding;
– Marriage location.
6. How do you use my Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it.
When you visit https://bridalhairbyjennie.co.uk your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To improve your experience on our website
- To improve the performance of our website
- When you contact us using Social Media messaging apps (for e.g; Facebook Messenger) , your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- Responding and communicating with you on that particular platform or app.
- When you visit https://bridalhairbyjennie.co.uk and use a contact form to get in touch or sign up to our Newsletter, your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of all our automated emails in the footer.
When you demonstrate an interest in using our services ( for e.g; enquire to arrange an appointment) or enter into contract for services provided by us (for e.g. Bridal Hair ), your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- Supplying our services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Invoicing you for my services.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email or text message with information, news, and offers on our products, services and events. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.?
We do not use any automated systems for carrying out any decision-making or profiling. All our decisions are made with human-intervention.
7. How long will you keep my Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- When you visit https://bridalhairbyjennie.co.uk and contact us via our contact form, your personal data will be deleted 12-months from date of last correspondence.
- When you contact us using Social Media messaging apps ( for e.g; Facebook Messenger ), your personal data will be deleted 12-months from date of last correspondence.
- When you enter into a contract with us to provide products or services to you, your personal data will be kept for 4-years from date of termination of contract.
8. How and where do you store or transfer my Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
When you visit https://bridalhairbyjennie.co.uk
Our website uses third party services including Paragon Internet Group t/a Tsohost , WPMU DEV and Advanced Custom Fields to help host, create content for, and maintain the security and performance of Our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the Our website.
See Paragon Internet Group t/a Tsohost’s privacy notice, WPMU DEV’s privacy notice and Advanced Custom Fields privacy notice for more information. privacy notice, Thrive Themes privacy notice, WPMU DEV’s privacy notice.
Our website contact forms are powered by third-party provider, Contact Form 7 and store no personal data. For more information, please see see Contact Form 7’s privacy notice.
Our website is built on the WordPress.org framework, but also uses some plugins and services hosted at WordPress.com, which is run by Automattic Inc. WordPress requires visitors that want to post a comment to enter a name and email address. For more information about how WordPress processes data, please see Automattic’s privacy notice.
When you enter into a contract with us to provide services ( for e.g; Bridal hair )
We store client details on our password protected laptop to which only Bridal Hair by Jennie has access.
Printed documents in files destroyed immediately after date of wedding.
We store email addresses on Google, Mailchimp and Signables (contracting software). You can find their Privacy Notices to learn how they handle personal data below;
Google’s Privacy Notice: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Mailchimp Privacy Notice: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Signables Privacy Notice: https://www.signable.co.uk/privacy-policy/
9. Do you share my Personal Data?
We share your information with any 3rd party contractor who is providing you a service and would be prior agreed with you as the client.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 8.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.?
10. How can I access my Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask ?us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email shown in Part 11.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
11. How do I contact you?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details; (for the attention of Bridal Hair by Jennie):
Email address: email@example.com
12. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be made available on this page in writing.
This Privacy Notice was last updated 19 November 2018.